Sunday, June 10, 2012

Holiday Inn Express - Greenfield, IN

Over the weekend, my family and I rented a room at the brand new Holiday Inn Express in Greenfield, Indiana, and I thought I would post a quick review, to help any other weary travelers!

First off, the hotel is new, and I mean it's brand new - it even still smells new. We had a King Suite, and were very happy with the accommodations. The King Suite had a small bar area, with coffee maker, sink, mini fridge, and microwave, as well as a few small cabinets (upper and lower) for those staying for a few days, or traveling with children and snacks! The king bed had a firm mattress, and was very comfortable! Blankets and sheets were soft, and very comparable to the ones I have seen at Hampton Inn hotels. The King Suite also featured a couch that pulls out into a bed, which worked well for our four year old. Also, the room had a small table and two chairs, in addition to the desk and chair. Overall, plenty of space for a family - much more than what I actually expected!

The indoor heated pool is a figure "8" shape, and the room also features a small jacuzzi. Pool hours were from 6 a.m. until 10 p.m., so plenty of time to enjoy it! The one thing I did notice was that the entry way into the pool was tiled, and got VERY slippery from people going in and out, so a little dangerous if, like me, you have little ones. The area around the actual pool is concrete, and much safer. It would have been much better if the whole thing was concrete!

The hotel offers free wi-fi to guests, but we had a very hard time accessing the internet, and only had one little line of signal on it. They mention in their guest book in the room and you can request an ethernet cord from the front desk, and plug into the internet, but when we asked for one, we were told they didn't have any. So I would recommend bringing along an ethernet cord if you plan on using it!

The hotel offers free breakfast to guests as well, and I have to say, it was delicious! Featuring a wide variety of breakfast items, there is something for everyone. Omelettes, sausage links, biscuits and gravy, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, apples, muffins, bagels were all available! And it was all delicious - if you stay here, definitely make a trip down to the breakfast area!

Overall, the hotel is really beautiful and gives a classy vibe. Rooms are modern, and roomy - perfect for the family traveling through the area or wanting to stay outside of the craziness of the downtown area. There are plenty off food and shopping options nearby, as well.

Overall, I would give this hotel a 7/10. There were only a few things I didn't like, which I mentioned. I think that most of the problems will probably be resolved as time goes on, and the hotel gets feedback from guests and staff. I would absolutely stay here again. We visit the area often, and usually stay at the Hampton Inn next door, but I think we will definitely be opting for the Holiday Inn Express from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment